REVIEW | DANDYLION CONFECTIONS | EDMONTON


As an avid macaron connoisseur, I've made it my personal mission to taste test all the macarons that the city has to offer. (For research purposes of course.) Although Edmonton is sorely lacking in macaron options, there's a modest but growing selection, ranging from bakeries to home businesses. DandyLion Confections is one of them; a home bakery business making its rounds through various farmer's markets around the city.


Macarons are $2.00 each, and pre-packaged in packs of two, or boxes of five and ten. I would've preferred the opportunity to pick and choose my own flavours, but at least I was able try all DandyLion had to offer.

I believe flavours rotate every week, but no flavour list or legend was given, so it was a bit tough trying to decipher what some of the macarons were. Even now, I'm not 100% sure but these are my best guesses below:

Raspberry cheesecake
Chocolate pear
Chocolate
Coconut
Coffee crisp
Gingerbread
Lemon
Pistachio
Salted caramel
Vanilla fog
DandyLion's macarons are quite large compared to other places around town. Definite bang for your buck. However, the macaron shells are a bit more chewy and stick-to-your-teeth; I usually prefer those that are softer and crumble a bit more. Some of the flavours are also more subtle, but my definite favourite was the purple gingerbread as it packed a nice punch.

Currently, DandyLion Confections are making appearances on Thursdays at the University of Alberta Farmer's Market (located in SUB) until April, and Saturdays at the Old Strathcona Farmer's Market until March. They also do special orders, which you can check out on Facebook and Instagram for more details and photos!


- CT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 


About

CT is a born and raised Edmontonian who started blogging as an excuse for taking pictures of her food.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf