AT HOME | TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES


Between being sick and starting a new job this past week, I haven't had much time to blog, let alone breathe. But instead of resting during my rare Saturday off, I instead decided to devote it to one of my first loves -- baking. 

Baking has always been my form of therapy. When I'm stressed out, I bake. Feeling anxious? I bake. Sad? I bake. Happy? I bake. Coughing and dying? I will still bake.


On the menu today: triple chocolate cookies à la British YouTuber and blogger Tanya Burr! The recipe itself is pretty basic but since it is entirely in weights instead of cup measurements, it took considerably longer to make.

Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 390°F according to North American standards).     

Ingredients
  • 200g butter (essentially 2 sticks)
  • 300g granulated sugar 
  • 1 large egg
  • 275g self-raising flour (basically all-purpose flour mixed with baking powder and salt - you can find the ratio online)
  • 75g cocoa powder
  • a dash of milk 
  • a large bar of milk chocolate
  • a large bar of white chocolate
  • a large bar of dark chocolate 

Cream the butter and sugar together. Unless you want to exercise your muscles, make sure that the butter is at room temperature.


Once the butter and sugar is somewhat blended together, add a single egg and then the rest of your dry ingredients. If the dough is a bit dry, add a dash of milk.

For the final step (and definitely the hardest!), try to resist eating all the chocolate and add it to the dough.


The dough will make about 10 to 12 tennis ball sized portions. 

There's no other way to make these cookies. They have to be the size of tennis balls.   


Flatten them down a tiny bit and bake them off for 11 minutes. The cookies won't look fully baked when they first come out of the oven but let them cool for 30 minutes and they should come together in the end. 


And the money shot:

 
 Worth it.

- CT


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 


About

CT is a born and raised Edmontonian who started blogging as an excuse for taking pictures of her food.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf